- Sreekumar, T.T. (2011) ICTs and Development in India: Perspectives on the Rural Network Society, London: Anthem Press
- Sreekumar, T. T. (1996). CDS M. Phil theses (1990/91-1993/94): A review. (Vol.II). Thiruvananthapuram, India: Centre for Development Studies, St. Joseph’s press.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (1993). Urban Process in Kerala: 1900-1981. Thiruvananthapuram, India: Centre for Development Studies, St. Joseph’s Press.
Chapters in Books
- Sreekumar, T. T. (2016). ‘Asian Modernities and the Posthuman Future: Some Reflections’ In Lim Sun Sun and Sorriano Cheryll (Eds.) Asian Perspectives on Digital Culture: Emerging Phenomena, Enduring Concepts. New York: Routledge
- Sreekumar T. T. (2015). Introduction And Slowly Forgetting That Tree By K R Meera, Translated by J. Devika, Oxford Novellas, New Delhi: Oxford University Press
- Sreekumar , T.T. (2013). Transnational politics of the new technoclass in Bangalore. In A. Quayson & G. Daswani (Eds.), A companion to diaspora and transnationalism (pp. 539-555). Oxford: Blackwell Publishers.
- Sreekumar, T.T. & Parayil, G (2010). Social Space, Civil society and transformative politics of new social movements in Kerala. In K. Ravi Raman (Ed.), Development, democracy and the state: Critiquing the Kerala model of development (pp. 237-253). New York and London: Routledge.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2009). Climate Change, Tourism and Social Change. In C. D’Mello, J. McKeown & S. Minninger (Eds.), Disaster prevention in tourism- perspectives on climate change. Thailand, Bangkok: ECOT.
- Sreekumar, T.T. & Gayathri, V. (2008). Children’s Work and Schooling. In Desai & R. B. Potter (Eds.), The companion to development studies (pp. 428-432). London: Hodder Education.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2008). Decrypting E‑Governance: narratives, power play and participation in the Gyandoot Intranet. In A. Saith, M. Vijayabhaskar & V. Gayathri (Eds.), ICTs and Indian social change: Diffusion, governance, poverty (pp. 160-191). New Delhi: Sage Publications.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2007). ICTs for governance and development: A critical review of Kerala’s recent experiences. In A. Palackal & W. Shrum (Eds.), Information society and development: The Kerala experience (pp. 109-132). Jaipur, India: Rawat Publications.
- Sreekumar, T.T. & Parayil G. (2006). Interrogating development: New social movements, democracy and indigenous people’s struggles in Kerala. In J. Tharamangalam, (Ed.), Kerala: The paradoxes of public action and development (pp. 56‑80). New Delhi: Orient BlackSwan.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2006). ICTs for the Rural Poor: Civil Society and Cyber‑libertarian Developmentalism in India. In G. Parayil (Ed.), Political economy and information capitalism in India: Digital divide and equity (pp. 61‑87). New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2002). Which Way Forward? Indigenous people and ecotourism’s global agenda. In T. Chi Kiong, (Ed.), Indigenous peoples’ interfaith dialogue on globalization and tourism (pp. 37-48). Hong Kong: Clear-Cut Publishing.
Articles in Journals
- Sreekumar, T.T. & Rivera-Sánchez, M (2016) New media, space and marginality: A comparative perspective on cyber cafe use in small and medium towns in Asia. Media Watch, 7 (2) 133-149
- Menon, B & Sreekumar, T.T. (2016) One More Dirham: Migration, Emotional Politics and Religion in the Home Films of Kerala. Migration, Mobility & Displacement. 2 (2): 4-23
- Sreekumar, T.T. & Vadrevu, S. (2013). Subpolitics and democracy: The role of new media in the 2011 General Elections in Singapore. Science, Technology and Society, 18 (2), 231–249.
- Soriano, R. C. & Sreekumar, T.T. (2012). Multiple transcripts as political strategy: Social media and conflicting identities of the Moro liberation movement in the Philippines. Media Culture and Society, 34 (8), 1028 – 1039.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2011). Mobile phones and the cultural ecology of fishing in Kerala. Information Society, 27 (3), 172–180.
- Sreekumar, T.T. & Rivera–Sánchez, M. (2008). ICTs and development: Revisiting the Asian experience. Science Technology & Society, 13 (2), 159-174.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2007). Cyber kiosks and dilemmas of social inclusion in rural India. Media Culture & Society, 29 (6), 869-89.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2007). Decrypting E governance: Narratives, power play and participation in the Gyandoot Intranet. Electronic Journal for Information Systems in Developing Countries. 32(4), 1–24.
- Sreekumar, T.T. & Gayathri, V. (2006). Combating child labour in India’s services sector. South Asia Journal, 14 (2), 128-143.
- Parayil, G. & Sreekumar, T.T. (2004). Industrial development and the dynamics of innovation in Hong Kong. International Journal of Technology Management, 27 (4), 369-393.
- Parayil, G. & Sreekumar, T.T. (2003). Kerala’s experience of development and change. Journal of Contemporary Asia 33 (4), 465-492.
- Sreekumar, T.T. & Parayil, G. (2002). Contentions and contradictions of tourism as development option: The case of Kerala, India’. Third World Quarterly, 23 (3), 529-548.
- Sreekumar, T.T. & Parayil, G. (2002). Democracy, development and new forms of social movements: A case study of indigenous people’s struggles in Kerala. Indian Journal of Labour Economics, June, 45 (2), 287-310.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (1999). Reaping the Whirlwind? Reflections on the Gulbunkian Commission Report. Review of Development and Change, 4 (1), 149-161.
- Kannan K. P. & Sreekumar, T.T. (1998) Rural labour movements and organisation in India: A case study of fish workers struggle in Kerala, Labour and Development, 3(1/2), 24-63.
- Balakrishnan, S. Gopakumar K. & Sreekumar, T.T. (1995). Innovations in development: Insights from a literacy campaign. Journal of Rural Development, 1 (2), 141-160.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (1990). Neither rural nor urban: Spatial formation and development process. Economic and Political Weekly, 25(35/36), 1981-1990.
- Sreekumar T.T. (2014, October 8) ‘How Ethical was the FB Experiment’, DNA, Ahmedabad.
- Sreekumar T.T. (2014) ‘Digital Inequality in the Global South’ Pune: Center for Communication and Development Studies (CCDS) Retrieved from http://www.netpehchaan.in/
digital-divides/item/45- digital-inequality-in-the- global-south.html
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2012, January 15). Fear, Safety and Livelihood: The Biopolitics of Mullaperiyar. Kaffila.org. Retrieved from http://kafila.org/2012/01/15/fear-safety-and-livelihood-the-biopolitics-of-mullaperiyar-t-t-sreekumar
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2010, Spring). From ICTs to innovations: Social and cultural imperatives in developing countries. (Special Article) ICT World Today, 4-7.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2008, July 2). Rediscovering Jinnah’s Politics: Pakistan and Democratic Nation-Building in South Asia. Pak Tea House. Retrieved from http://pakteahouse.net/2008/07/02/rediscovering-jinnahs-politics-pakistan-and-democratic-nation-building-in-south-asia/
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2007, December). Tourism, gender and equitable development. Third World Resurgence, 26-28.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2007, October 2). India’s Myanmar Policy: Is there a credible China factor? The Sri Lanka Guardian. Retrieved from http://www.srilankaguardian.org/2007/10/indias-myanmar-policy-is-there-credible_02.html
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2007). Fairer Handel im indischen Tourismus? Drei Fragen an T.T. Sreekumar. (Interviewed by Christina Kemp) Tourism Watch, Germany, 47-50. (In German).
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2007, September 25). Sethusamudram: Can Sri Lanka Speak? Countercurrents.org. Retrieved from http://www.countercurrents.org/sreekumar250907.htm
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2006). Indien: Keine WTTC Auszeichnung fur Kerala. Tourism Watch, Germany, 9-10. (In German).
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2004, October 9). Hindutwa’s Demographic Worries. Countercurrents.org. Retrieved from http://www.countercurrents.org/communalism-sreekumar091004.htm
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2003 May). De-hyping ICTs: ICT Innovations by Civil Society Organizations in Rural India. i4d-Information for Development, 1(1), 22-27.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2003). Why do we need an Alternative Code of Ethics in Tourism? Contours, 13 (1), 15-17.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2002 December). Civil Society and The State-led Initiatives in ICTs: The Case of Kerala. Information Technology in Developing Countries, 13(2).
- Sreekumar, T.T. & Parayil G. (2002). Kerala: ein indisches Modell auf Abwegen Die Arbeitsmigration föderte eine fragwürdige Entwicklung. DER-UEBERBLICK, 03/2002, 47-50 (In German).
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2001, December 2). Chomsky, Sukurov and the Indian left. Sunday Express, p. 23
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2015) [Review of the book The great Indian phone book: How the cheap cell phone changes business, politics, and daily life by Robin Jeffrey and Assa Doron, 2014], Mobile Media & Communication 3 (2): 287-289, doi:10.1177/2050157914566911a
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2012): [Review of the book Indian media in a globalised world, by M. Ranganathan & U. M. Rodrigues, 2010]. Asian Journal of Communication, 22 (4), 428-430.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2008, July 08). Practicing the Rage: Perspectives from 25 years of civil society engagement in Tourism [Review of the book Transforming, re-forming tourism: perspectives on justice and humanity in tourism, by C. D’Mello (Ed.)]. Rolling Rains Report. Retrieved from http://www.rollingrains.com/archives/cat_career_continuing_education.html
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2003). [Review of the book The end of development? Modernity, post-modernity and development, by T. Parfitt, 2002]. Development and Change, 34 (3), 569-571
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2002). [Review of the book The political economy of globalization by N. Woods (Ed.), 2000]. Development and Change, 33 (2), 361-362
- Sreekumar, T.T. (2000). [Review of the book Empowering rural labour in India: Market state and mobilization, by R. Radhakrishna & A. N. Sharma (Eds.), 1998]. Development and Change 31 (5), 1104-1105.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (1998). [Review of the book 21st century capitalism, by R. Heilbroner, 1996] Productivity, Vol. 39 (3), 530-531.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (1997). [Review of the book Growth of urban informal sector and economic development, by K. Rao (Ed.), 1997]. Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Vol. 40 (2).
- Sreekumar, T.T. (1994). [Review of the book Barriers broken: Production relations and agrarian change in Tamil Nadu, by V.B. Athreya, G. Djurfeldt & S. Lindberg, 1990]. Development and Change, 25(2), 434-436.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (1991). [Review of the book Taming the coolie beast, by J. Breman, 1989]. Indian Journal of Labour Economics, 34(1), 80-82.
- Sreekumar, T.T. (1995) Peasants and formal credit in Thiruvithamcore: The state, institutions and social structure 1914-1940(Working Paper No. 264). Center for development studies, Thiruvananthapuram, India.
- Sreekumar T.T. (2011). Mobile phones and the cultural ecology of fishing in Kerala, India (White Paper No. 11/01). Communications and New Media Programme, National University of Singapore.